Basically, Fucked-Off . UpTheArsenal: AlterNet: War on Iraq: It Wasn't Worth It

Sunday, February 06, 2005

AlterNet: War on Iraq: It Wasn't Worth It

Cindy Sheehan, whose son was killed in Iraq was bumped from Larry King Live to make way for the MJ Trial. Did I mention, I fucking hate Larry King?

I was supposed to be on the Larry King Live show Monday night. I was asked to be on the show to offer my opinion on the election in Iraq from the perspective of a mom whose son was killed in the war prior to the elections. One of the questions I was going to be asked was: Do I think my son's sacrifice was "worth it?" Well, I didn't get a chance to be on the show that night because I was bumped for something that is really important: The Michael Jackson Trial.
....

The rest of the letter: here. (alternet)

She concludes, thus:
Well, I was bumped from the show anyway. Now that Scott Peterson has been convicted and sentenced for his crimes and Laci and Connor's families have the justice they deserve, we have the new "trial of the century" to keep our minds off of the nasty and annoying fact that we are waging an immoral war in Iraq. We can fill our TV screens and homes with the glorified images of the Michael Jackson molestation trial. We can fill our lives with outrage over MJ's victims and hope they get justice; not even questioning the fact that George Bush, his dishonest cabinet, and their misguided policies aren't even brought to the court of public opinion. We won't have to confront ourselves with the fact that the leaders of our country and their lies are responsible for the deaths of 1,438 brave Americans, tens of thousands of innocent Iraqis and the loss of our nation's credibility throughout the world. That might mean we would have to turn off our television sets and do something about it.

In answer to the original question Larry: No, it wasn't worth it.

So apparently, MJ is the next installation of TV endless drivel: the opium of the American masses. See, I don't have cable anymore. Actually, my TV is not even plugged-in at the moment. I recently moved, again. I wonder if I should bother. I miss the Daily Show, though and the Soccer/Rugby Channel - damn I really miss that.