Basically, Fucked-Off . UpTheArsenal: CL: Arsenal v Hamburg (3-1)

Thursday, November 23, 2006

CL: Arsenal v Hamburg (3-1)

Champions League: Arsenal v Hamburg - Guardian Unlimited's MBM

I know, we played on Tuesday alredy. I was working so I couldn't watch the game. I followed the MBM. Let's be honest, I fully expected this to end in a draw. And then Lo' on behold, Signor Wenger made three substitutions that turned the game on its head in short shift. Wenger has not been an effective "game day" manager for a while. His substitutions have lacked strategic impact. But this was good. Theo provided a direct approach, Baptista and Ade brough height and strength to exploit crosses. Well done! I am ecstatic at the result. Can't fucking believe it quite frankly.

Henry missing the next game is an interesting challenge. We played ManU without Henry and won. So, personally I am too worried. I'd like to see Gilberto back though. If not, play Baptista.

We need to nurture a young Gilberto. Real Arse fans know/learnt that the team looks very different without Gilberto. It looks right unhinged. After the "invincibles" season, Gilberto was out for a prolonged period, we looked diabolical defensively.

------------------
On a different note, I am salivating at the prospect of Chelsea vs ManU. I hope they draw though. Otherwise, I have to hope Chelski win it. I know, ManU are closer to loveable since the advent of this new Chelski era --and I have no love for ManU otherwise, this would narrow the points gap for us.