Basically, Fucked-Off . UpTheArsenal: Everton 0 - 1 Arsenal 1

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Everton 0 - 1 Arsenal 1

In my previous post, I wanted to add: Welcome back Eboue. We have missed you. The other player we have missed recently is the other Emmanuel, Adebayor (who scored the onl goal tonight). Adebayor gives us something different, Plan B: height, long balls and set pieces.

Anti at Arsenal WTF is on about fans wanting Henry benched etc. etc. I don't want Henry benched, that's madness! I don't think he should missing sitters, and I don't think he should be asking fans to put up with mediocrity and failure. Actually, I don't want to speak of TH14, right now, he irritates me. Until such time as he pulls the team by its bootstraps in a tough encounter, I don't want to talk about him.

I would like to see Cesc benched though, not because there's anything wrong with him, but because he is 19! No teenager surely should be playing as much as he has over the last two seasons. Also, give Baptista a run, I'd like to see some muscle in midfield, see if that works. The difference between Wenger and Rafa is that Rafa's rotation means he has a squad of match-fit players overall as the season progresses. We don't. Baptista isn't match-fit (yeah, I know he was injured); but give him a run when he returns. Alialadiere (sp?) needs a run. Make sure all our centerbacks are match-fit soon. We have to play all our league games following the CL games well, every time.

So I was glad Cesc and even Kolo, TH14, RvP11, Rosicky, Hleb, Gilberto, Gallas weren't even on the bench for the Carling Cup game; we should be doing the same for the FA cup and games that involve Reading/Watford/Sheffield Utd.

Hleb and Rosicky are building a good understanding between them; they look like they get along really well off the pitch, and genuinely enjoy playing together. That one-two move they pulled off against Reading they'd have been baking for a while; they tried it against Watford (I think) but both skied their shots then. Now, they need to score goals. Each one of them should bag 10 goals this season, at least.

I saw Niklas Bendtner come on for Birmingham in the Carling Cup against Liverpool. Lively player. No wonder has scored so many goals. He was on as a sub, so didn't see too much of him. Still. Actually that whole Bongo side isn't bad at all; I hope they are promoted. Julian Gray had a really good game, and they only lost (0-1) against a semi-strong Liverpool side. Isn't Larsson also one of ours? I seem to recal seeing him on the roster.