Basically, Fucked-Off . UpTheArsenal: Platini Reckons Henry shoulda Left Us

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Platini Reckons Henry shoulda Left Us

According to the Guardian, Platini said:

Thierry Henry has won too few trophies with Arsenal and should have joined Barcelona last summer rather than signing a new contract to stay at the Emirates Stadium, according to France legend Michel Platini. 'I sincerely believe he made a mistake in not signing for Barcelona. I told him so and said the same to Barcelona president Joan Laporta. Henry would have grown a lot at Barcelona,' said Platini.

'Thierry Henry is a truly great player and is on the verge of overtaking me as a goalscorer for France. However, he hasn't achieved the same category of other great stars', he added. 'Why? Because he lacks playing in a great team and winning titles with his club like he has done with France, where he has been European and world champion.' Platini's description of Arsenal as not a great club will infuriate Arsene Wenger.

So some may say this affected Wenger and Titi on Sunday. We lost to fucking West Ham (1-0). Wenger and Pardew threw handbags at each other. Huh? Wenger throwing handbags?

Anyhow, re Platini: I must confess as an Arsenal fan, a part of me wanted Thierry to leave. I was curious to see if he could displace Eto'o at Barca. I know they diffferent types of players, but they are both employed as strikers. To be frank, I didn't see it happening. But, perhaps Thierry would play a different role @ Barca. I'dbe crucified for saying this, but I can't help but wonder if Thierry would be as good in a different system of play. And I am not jumping on any bandwagon, but Thierry Henry scores a lot of goals because Arsenal create a lot of goal opportunities, but and this IS NOT new they also miss a lot goals. Go back to the "unbeaten" season and you will see. Arsenal lead the goal attemps and shots at goal stats, but their conversion rate is poor comparatively. This is nothing new. Arsenal have always been profligate infron of goal. The match against CSKA Moskva is just an extreme example of a standard practice.

When we beat Reading 0-4 away from home two weeks ago, my feelings were hang on, don't annoint them just yet. And it's been downhill since. A (1-1) draw against Everton at home, and a (0-0) draw at home against CSKA, and the WHFC loss away.

I thought, we were developing a Plan B, and actually I still think we are, except Adebayor is a crucial part of plan and when he is unfit, we are going to take a hammering against the likes of WHFC, Everton, Bolton --- the teams who are determined to kick US about the park as opposed to that round thing called the ball.

The meeting against Liverpool on Sunday is ........mmmmm. My money is on Liverpool, we are too distracted by weekend events. Although, I expect Liverpool to play rather than park a bus behind the ball so it could be interesting. Actually, no. I am predicting a draw (1-1).