Basically, Fucked-Off . UpTheArsenal: ON THE CARLING CUP SCUFFLE

Sunday, March 04, 2007

ON THE CARLING CUP SCUFFLE

Kolo Toure reacted and he shouldn't have; it was stupid, but one can undeerstand it: he's human. How many fucking times must Arsenal put up with teams wasting time just

Adebayor was wrongly sent off. It's a case of mistaken identity. He was livid for the injustice. He obviously tried to get an explanation as why he was being sent off when what he did was no worse than Cesc. Don't what the ref said. But, I'll tell you what he did that made Ade even more livid. The Ref put his hand on Ade's back in a "kind" gesture to motion Ade to leave the pitch. Watch the video, every time everybody touches Ade, he explodes in anger to remove himself from that body/human contact. It's called cultural differences. If the Premiership is going to be a cosmopolitan international league, refs must be instructed in multicultural issues.

Let me clarify this for our western friends. Africans don't like being touched insincerely. To wrong someone so egregiously and then try to placate them via body contact will get you an explosive response from most Africans. The touch is insincereand interpreted as a way to deceive or distract. "Don't touch me!" Don't fucking wrong me me and then touch me" My head will explode.

Watch the video again. Once the ref shows his red card, every time someone touches Ade, he motions to get those hands off me.

Now, I know he is playing in England and should know better or something. But, I don't it's possible to divorce yourself from things/behaviour that are part of your culture when you are so emotionally charged. I mean, the equivalent English/Rooney reaction would be to fucking curse/swear and call the ref names while being led off the pitch. Adebayor, instead of swearing, tried to get people to stop touching him.

If Wayne Rooney gets fined for swearing @ the Ref under similar circumstances then Adebayor must get fined for motioning for people not to touch him. Otherwise, just leave it alone.