Basically, Fucked-Off . UpTheArsenal: Game II: Liverpool 3 - 6 Arsenal (Carling Cup)

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Game II: Liverpool 3 - 6 Arsenal (Carling Cup)

On Saturday we walloped the Pool 3-1. And now this. 3-6 to the Arse's bright young things. Okay, it's the Carling Cup but, still. How the fuck does the Pool lose 3-6 at home? With players like Fowler, Gerrard, Bellamy, Gonzalez/Garcia. It beggars belief. But, I am for boys. When we lost to Sheffield United (Dec 30), I gave up. With both ManUre and Chelsea dropping points over the festive season, we couldn't capitalize. It was sad and over for the season. I know, we had taken Blackburn to the academy trouncing them 6-2 on Dec 23, it didn't matter. We lost to effing Sheffield Utd. By the time we won 4-0 against Charlton, I'd past the point of allowing myself to think anything of it.

Mind, the Pardew angle though: handing Pardew his ass will always feel righteous. I want Charlton relegated! I wrote here, defending the "bouncebackability" dude -- yeah that's his name, Iain Dowie. And of course Pardew is just hateful now! I hope he sinks (with) them. Funny how it works, Charlton have hired 2 managers and fired one (Les Reed) since then. Hardly 2 months - football lifetime

I've been waiting for us to lose another game rather unceremoniously since the Charlton game, but the Cup games have supplied plenty to cheer. Mama mia, we are fast becoming Rafa's bogey team. It sounds like Baptista had a blinder (4 goals) and apparently Aliadiere had a really good game too. Good for him. To lose 3-6 to Arsenal "youngsters" is just humiliating, the Arsenal 1st eleven is already made up of kids, when Wenger brings on his second string and beats you, it's time to pack it in.
Poor Rafa, my Rafa. Oh, I have a soft spot for Rafa.


Here's a shout out for Senderos, I've never been one to hammer players too early. I used to defend Adebayor on Anti's website when it was unfashionable to do so. Hell, I even defended Drogba (to be fair, I'd watched him play for Marseille a lot); And, I think it's premature to slam Sheva....etc. etc. Senderos, I've always noticed was first to aerial balls; he dealt with them with authority. Aerially, it seems to me he was better than Toure, always has been. I actually think he even scored a header in the World Cup. And I love Toure enough, I'd have his kids, so there. It seemed really harsh to read some of the things Arse fans have had to say about the Big Swiss head. I don't get to see all the games, so I must watch what I say. But, so far I think I read unanimous opinion: Senderos and Kolo were massive in the FA Cup game against the Pool on Sat. Senderos is in danger of being liked by Arse fans. About time. Having said that, Tony Adams helping out Portsmouth grates me.

One more thing. Welcome back, Titi.

BTW - The trouble with being resident in the US is you don't see all the games. Tonight, I will finally watch Saturdays FA Cup match against the Pool. If I don't fall asleep, I am severely jetlegged.