Basically, Fucked-Off . UpTheArsenal: Euro2008: Israel 0-0 England

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Euro2008: Israel 0-0 England

HAHAHA!!!!!!

The ship where I am willing England to win big games sailed after the World Cup. Sorry. Now, what I have can only be described as mild schaudenfreude. But in fact, I just want everybody to concede that England are just not good, and that this generation of players just cannot compete with world class sides.

So, it's a pity that Gerrard has to play for England then for, he is a truly superb player; he doesn't deserve being in the English side. Poor thing.

It was the same ol' crap then. Actually I can't say I watched the (entire) game. I had the game on, but I wasn't watching: the game was for extremely long segments unwatchable.

I saw Gerrard deliver two AMAZING crosses; Lennon race down the LHS and deliver one very good cross, and Rooney bitching and moaning. Towards the end, Defoe came on and had a decent chance saved by the (very good) Israeli keeper. Ironic innit? If the Israeli keeper was good, then England couldn't have been that bad? No, wrong: they were awful if you buy the hype that they should be competing at the highest level.

Gerrard is excellent. Lennon is exciting but suffers from the regular problems that plague the younger players: lack of consistency and concentration. Why didn't Dyer start? He has been lively for Newcastle and I think he is left-footed. Actually, they should try that Huddlestone guy from Spuds; he is a good passer of the ball.


Anywho. So that's that. We will all be better served as soon as the media accept that England are playing as well as they can. And that in fact, they over-achieved at the World Cup.