Basically, Fucked-Off . UpTheArsenal: And now for the 'Slobby Chic"

Thursday, March 24, 2005

And now for the 'Slobby Chic"

According to NYDN - the latest trend is partly slobby and chic with scattered "nonchalant, no-effort-needed" style. My only objection (personal) to fashion and trends is, it bloody well makes you like everybody else. I figured this out when I was in Italy, the people looked the same. And then it hit me, everybody dressed the fucking same. It was stylish, sure - but it was like Benetton robots, or whatever.

You can't pay me enough money to look like everybody else: so now apparently I have a problem. The Fashionistas are telling all those who cares to chill, or stress hard to achieve the fashion Zen-like state. What the fuck am I (and similar fashion traitors) supposed to do now? Walk around naked?

I love this:
Publicist Gabrielle Bernstein, 25, is one of them. "I love the idea of putting in very little effort," Bernstein said. "A couple of months ago, I dyed my hair back to my natural brown so I no longer have to go every two months and spend $300 to $400 on highlights. I used to get a trim with the highlights, but since I'm not going in for the color now, I just have my friend cut my hair in her kitchen, and I've been cutting my own bangs."
Now, Bernstein (please, don't desert the fashionistas) can pay more for looking like she did it herself. Cunning plan. Why didn't i think of that?