Basically, Fucked-Off . UpTheArsenal: My dad would keel over laughing....

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

My dad would keel over laughing....

This from Josh Micah Marshall, whom I like reading usually, but find the exclusive focus on Social Security a little laborius - for the amount of time I have and theo ther things, I'd like to know. Anyway, back to the point, he cites a conersatio beween Bush and a reporter on SS:
When a reporter asked him about this at the conversation in the White House yesterday, he said this ...

"The tendency in Washington is, ‘OK, Mr. President, you play your cards now and we’ll decide if we’re going to play ours. I’m not going to do that. I’m keeping them close to the vest."
This just kills me, with laughter. If I were the reporter I couldn't keep a straight face.

Say, what? "Dude, first of all you are Washington. Stop pretending you are a fucking outsider. Washington is you, now.

How can a President be an Outsider? For christ sakes even Clinton is an insider now. What more this idiot and his family?

Second, dude, you are proposing a revolutionary change to the primary social welfare provisio and you want to play "riddle me this?" with it. You want the people to second guess who and how the fuck you are going to execute your Night of the Long Knives. Will we survive, it? Maybe, maybe not, but it's okay: no need to panic, because it may not be that bad, right?

It's actually quite a cunning plan, if we don't really know who is going to come out dead or alive from it, metaphorically and actually, there's no need to take up arms against, right? Brilliant.

The people who voted for this bastard....well, you get what you vote for. Which leads me to conclude, it's not Dubya that is the villlage idiot, it's the people he is fooling.