Basically, Fucked-Off . UpTheArsenal: Imus (II) and the CNN louts

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Imus (II) and the CNN louts

James Wolcott here : asks, why does he torture himself watching Imus? So he too woke up to Imus. I switched off when Howard Dean took his bow. It seems, I was lucky. Apparently later in show, some other mongrel, aka Jim Nantz, offered his precious wisdom about Kerry's charisma. I won't go there.

I love Wolcott, he also disses the incompetents at CNN. I cashed my CNN chips sometime in Sept; I just don't have the stomach for those vainglorious louts anymore. I can safely assume they are still being idiotic, then?

So I have been experimenting with MSNBC. Hence, the rather recent Imus discovery.

Imus is hyperbolically irreverent, it's impossible to take the guy seriously. This morning after being really offensive about Clinton, he called Laura Bush a "robot," and Teresa Heinz Kerry (Mama T - to you) a "whack-job." THK, a whack-job? I laughed, because it's absurd.

A few weeks ago, he declared, "I'd rather get beheaded than vote for Bush" This was when some unfortunate person had recently been beheaded in that Theatre of Bush Dreams. Again, I laughed so hard - although it's not actually funny. It's the kind of humor, that has me tickled senseless when somebody trips and falls down a flight of stairs. I know, I know... it's tragic, yet hilarious.

The guy is nuts, but his nuttiness is like an equal-opportunity kind of nutdom.