Basically, Fucked-Off . UpTheArsenal: How Stands the Empire? - by Pat Buchanan

Monday, December 26, 2005

How Stands the Empire? - by Pat Buchanan

I know I am going to have to eat any praise I have bestowed on Buchanan, I know I will .... he's not immune to sycophantic RW douchebagggery (aka crazy talk) but, over the "Operation Iraqi Freedom" years he has been of surprisingly independent thought.

He still mostly grates on th McLaughin Group... but still.

He's at it again (here), with irrevence at the ready as he reflects on the appeal of Georgy's Empire.

My only gripe is that he doesn't mention that the March to Freedom in Iraq brings mullahs, sharia law, bosom Iran etc. etc. at the ready. Who knew democracy keeps company with cruel, cruel tyranny | Dramatic irony|? No, really.. I'm not talking about the intonationless sarcasm used by most liberal bloggers or blog(ger)-commenters.

Real dramatic irony... of which all forms of irony are derivative...