Basically, Fucked-Off . UpTheArsenal: About the failure of the Media

Saturday, October 16, 2004

About the failure of the Media

My friends think I am joking when I say this: US corporate media is the worst media I have ever known, and I have lived under both Apartheid and Berlusconi maiale's own media conglomerate stunt-show (Silvio - to you). Under both these, there were always dissenting and visible alternatives that rejected the mainstream paradigm. You don't have that here. It's all hogwash, in the mainstream - for different reasons, but to similar treacherous effect. Cable News is all shit, NYT is shit, WP is variably shitty, but shitty nevertheless. Local news is a circus with shitting clowns, elephants and all. Republican media are shitty by definition, they are towing the line. Until I hear some dissent from the Republicans - they are a compost heap all of them.

This election is not about John Kerry, Bill. It's much more important than that. Kerry may be a douchebag - and I don't necessarily agree; but his douchebaggery cannot possibly be 1/2 equal that of this current lot.

I can't believe Bill started lamenting the Clinton years. How many times have I had to listen to fulminations about how immoral Clinton was? The moral argument is unwinnable with this churchy lot. Personally immoral, maybe - but we aren't fucking married to him; what the fuck do we care?